Last Updated: May 24th, 2018
• What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites send to the browser and which are stored on the User’s terminal, which might be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, or any other device. They play an essential part in providing numerous IT services. Among other functions, they allow a website to store and recover information regarding a User’s browsing habits or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the User and improve the service offered.
What type of Cookies do exist?
The different types of cookies used can be classified according to various criteria: time of activity, management entity and purpose.
According to the activity time of the cookies in the user’s browser, we can differentiate between Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. Session Cookies are those that are used while the user browses the website and are kept only during that browsing time. They are used to store information regarding access and use of the page itself. On the other hand, Persistent Cookies are those that are stored for a limited time in the user’s browser, even when the user has finished navigating the page.
According to the entity that manages and establishes cookies, we find Own Cookies and Third Party Cookies. The Own Cookies are those established by the domain of the website visited by the user and which only the domain itself has access to. They are often used, among others, to remind the user in his successive visits to the website. On the other hand, Third Party Cookies are those established and managed by different domains to the website visited. They are generally used to track users in different web pages with the aim of being able to send users personalized advertising.
– Understand the behavior of the website Users and analyze the information for statistical purposes.
– Improve security and avoid fraudulent activities.
– Increase the speed of the web page.
– Store the language preferences and cities from which the Users access the Platform.
– Improve the User experience on the website.
Cookies offer the Users the possibility to take advantage of many of the essential functionalities of YACHTTY.
The website may contain links to other websites. YACHTTY can’t control the Cookies used by these external sites. For further information on the Cookies on these websites, YACHTTY advises Users to consult their Cookies Policies.
• Accepting the Cookies Policy
By using this website, YACHTTY assumes that the User consents and agrees that YACHTTY hosts Cookies on the User computer or device for the purposes expressed herein. At each login to a new browser, the User may choose one of the following options:
– Keep browsing: the cookies banner will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website during the session and it will be assumed that the User accepts the present Cookies Policy.
– Close the Cookies banner: the banner will be hidden on the page where the User is located and, in case the User continues browsing, it will be assumed that the User accepts the present Cookies Policy.
– Modify the configuration: Users will be able to modify the configuration of their browser and in case they would like to acquire more information about Cookies they can consult the present Cookies Policy.
• Cookies that YACHTTY uses:
Cookie Description Duration Source
_utma Analysis cookie for the identification of unique visitors. Used to register unique visitors for statistical and analytical purposes 2 years Google (Analytics)
_utmb Analysis cookie for the visitor session: Google Analytics uses two Cookies to establish a session. If either of these two Cookies is missing, any other activity will launch a new session. 30 minutes Google (Analytics)
_utmc Analysis cookie for the visitor session: Google Analytics uses two Cookies to establish a session. If either of these two Cookies is missing, any other activity will launch a new session. Session Google (Analytics)
_utmz Analysis cookie that provides information of registration of traffic and browser sources: Used to analyze how the User reached the website (through a Google search, an alert etc.) and the routes they follow when browsing on the site. We use this information to improve the User experience on future updates. 6 months Google (Analytics)
_ga,_gat,gid_anlytics Analysis cookie that anonymous ids and timestamps are stored to have some metrics that will help YACHTTY understand the behaviour of the Users.
2 years Google (Analytics)
mp_* Mixpanel related of analysis cookies. They are added by Mixpanel library. YACHTTY stores anonymous User information in order to understand the behavior of the customers
MixPanel Cookies Policy Mixpanel
Service Worker Technical cookie used to improve the speed of the site Undefined –
Local Storage Technical cookie used to store anonymous information about the language and preferred cities of the User (anonymously through a random id) to improve the User experience using the YACHTTY website Undefined –
• Disabling Cookies
The User may restrict, block or delete the YACHTTY Cookies or the ones from any other website using his or her browser. In each browser, the methodology to disable Cookies is different; hereafter you can find some links of different browsers on how to make such modifications:
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-Cookies#ie=ie-11
– Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
– Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/Cookies/
Should modifications be made to the Cookies settings, YACHTTY warns that it cannot ensure the correct operation of the website’s various functions.
If the User is using another browser, he/she can obtain more information on how to configure the installation of Cookies through the help or assistance section of that browser. In case the User needs help to carry out the configuration of Cookies with the browser, the User can contact YACHTTY by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and YACHTTY will contact the User as soon as possible.
• Where can I find out more information?
At YACHTTY we will be delighted to attend to any query that is not specified in this Cookies Policy. In such a case, Users may send their questions to the following address: email@example.com
In case of discrepancy between the translated versions and the Spanish version of this text, the latter will prevail.